Cinco De Mayo and Mother’s Day Weekend is right around the corner! Historically, these holidays have been some of the busiest days in the restaurant industry and this year will be no exception. Here are a few tips to make sure you and your staff are fully prepared for the coming holiday surge:
Be Proactive With Your Menu & Settings
- Check that your order wait times are feasible and accurate.
- Review your current menu for updates and changes; Submit menu updates to Menu@menufy.com well in advance.
- Promote your online ordering menu on social media.
Prepare Your Staff & Supplies
- Err on the side of caution and make sure you have more than enough staff and supplies to handle store operations.
- Add management-level employees to your order notification settings and train staff on how to acknowledge an online order.
Utilize Time-Saving Menufy Manager Tools
- How to turn off a menu item or category.
- How to temporarily shut off your online ordering platform.
- How to refund or void an online order.
Create a Covid-19 Safe Environment
- Review CDC considerations for restaurant and bar operators.
- Revisit employee safety guidelines and protocols with your staff to keep operations flowing smoothly.
- Clean and disinfect high-traffic areas often; make sure sanitizing products are accessible to your staff and guests.
- Make sure designated ordering and/or pick-up areas are clearly visible to guests.
- Enable curbside pick-up in your Menufy Manager to help streamline order fulfillment.
- Enable no-contact delivery using a Menufy third-party delivery partner.
For more information regarding what you read in this article, please contact us!