Because of the large variation in laws between states, counties, cities, and entertainment districts Menufy does NOT allow the sale of alcohol online. For instance some localities require alcoholic drinks to be purchased with food, restricts to very specific hours, not allowing sales of mixed drinks or hard alcohol, and/or is taxed differently. To protect you and your business from prosecution or fines we have a general policy against selling alcohol online. Please note too that selling alcohol online is a felony in some states.
How to advertise alcohol on your Menufy website for Curbside Pickup:
- Please review your local laws on alcohol sales before advertising.
- Send us a list of alcoholic beverages that are available for pickup to be displayed on your website as a Custom Page outside of the Online Menu.
- Navigate to your Menufy Manager Account "Carryout Settings" page to activate the "Show Curbside Pickup" option, then enter a "Curbside Arrival Message" prompting customers to add alcohol for pickup.
- Have the curbside servers up-sell Alcohol or other add-on items as well as check ID's of users ordering alcohol for legal age requirements.
- Optionally, use mobile POS devices such as Clover Flex, SkyTab, or a similar hand-held device to process alcohol payments curbside with your credit card merchant.